Glyph-specific queries on font-files
- Determine the general character height for the font (for scaling)
- explicitGlyph(font, char, encoding=None)
- Return glyphName or None if there is not explicit glyph for char
- glyphName(font, char, encoding=None, warnOnFailure=1)
- Retrieve the glyph name for the given character
Not sure what the effect of the Unicode mapping
will be given the use of ord...
- hasGlyph(font, char, encoding=None)
- Check to see if font appears to have explicit glyph for char
- Get the base-line to base-line height for the font
There is some fudging going on here as I
workaround what appears to be a problem with the
specification for sTypoDescender, which states
that it should normally be a negative value, but
winds up being positive in at least one font that
defines points below the zero axis.
XXX The entire OS/2 table doesn't appear in a few
fonts (symbol fonts in particular), such as Corel's
BeeHive and BlackLight 686.
- width(font, glyphName)
- Retrieve the width of the giving character for given font
The horizontal metrics table provides both the
width and the left side bearing, we should really
be using the left side bearing to adjust the
character, but that's a later project.
||__file__ = '/home/mcfletch/pylive/ttfquery/glyphquery.pyc'|
__name__ = 'ttfquery.glyphquery'
__package__ = 'ttfquery'
text_log = <logging.Logger instance at 0x35f8f38>